Monday, February 16, 2009

There will be blood.



And probably tears too. I just ordered this a few days ago off of Amazon in it's graphic novel form. I gave up on the whole WW2 aliens book after the second novel because I am too busy with school and they were starting to get monotonous. I enjoyed the historical aspects, but the aliens were too human and too easily outwitted.

This fairly new comic is apparently going to be made into a movie in the next year. It deals with this group of government modified, weaponized and armored pets that are able to speak and kick a ton of ass. But basically it seems to be The Incredible Journey with Ultra Violence. I have a bad feeling it is not going to end well in the non spoiler reviews I have read, as it deals with these poor guys just wanting to get home. Whatever home is to them as they are all former pets and all have the distinct personalities of their species. Meaning, I think, that the cat will be a dick, the rabbit is just clueless, and the puppy just.....wants to be "gud", and return to his human kids. All while the Armed Forces are trying to destroy them to prevent the knowledge of their existence getting out.

No comments: