Friday, December 12, 2008

Fuck Ayn Rand(and his little bitch Greenspan, as well)*




The experiment failed. You free market, laissez faire motherfuckers had it just the way you dreamed for the last decade, maybe since 1980. Epic fail. I thought the market was like, so dreamy and perfect. I thought it was self regulating and corrected itself. The market is nothing like that big, bloated, waste of resources called government. Yeah, government sucks, until it bails your asses out so you can do the exact same thing again, with zero consequences. The government keeps doing all of these corporate stimulus packages to help these failures. Most economists are like, "Yeah, do this and watch the market go high as a kite." The market is still Shit City. Guess what, it was a catastrophe and you took us all down with you. I heard a couple months ago how the market average is "still higher than it was in 1998". What does that even mean? Oh, and how high is it now? But, but," you say, "It was all the fault of the banks giving loans to people who should not have them." I know what that argument is about, so I will give you lending to Blacks and how that 2-3% of loans brought the mortgage industry down. It had nothing to with an artificially high bubble whose only hope lay with the continued stupidity of people who thought that their investment could only get even more false value. But then I throw down the repeal of Glass-Steagall. Maybe letting investment banks and commercial banks do the same thing is not such a good idea, with the robbing Peter to pay Paul analogies. Regulations? Fuck 'em. We don't want to affect the market. Like it is living and breathing. Like it gives a flying fuck about anything. The market ain't so grand now, huh? No tax cuts for the Rich? Fuck 'em. I may get rich someday and I certainly don't want to get taxed like I used to be, harummph. Besides, wealth trickles down, right? They won't hire anyone if they have to pay too much in taxes. Um, I don't see a lot of hiring happening lately. The failed Big 3 bailout. Fuck 'em. What the Fuck? Ok, at first I was all like, "Ha ha, you fucking assholes that make 73.00 an hour to make a horrible product, invisible hand, Friedman, blah, blah, blah, you get what you deserve." Then I got past all of the bullshit, starting with the 73.00 dollar claim. God bless conservative think tanks. Where would we ever get misleading facts and figures from if not from these enemies of well, everything that does not directly benefit themselves? That dollar figure factors in a variety of ways. No one is taking home 73.00 per hour working on the line, I don't care if you have worked at Ford since the first Model T. The actual take home, at best, is 55.00 dollars an hour. Which is pretty great, but then you see the average at Honda or Toyota is 45.00 an hour using the same calculations. Fucking unions are ruining it for us all, with their fair retirement plans and wanting health care for the workers they represent. John Galt never got sick. I have neither the inclination or the "pay grade"(my favorite cop out both the old and new president have fell on) to get into how our excellent, efficient, and affordable private health care system is affecting that number. This whole thing was about busting unions in the north. Those are the two biggest bete noires of the right wing. Two birds with one stone. The southern lawmakers see Toyota and Honda putting more and more non-union plants there if Detroit fails. Which is further irony, seeing that those two were the ones who smartly made decisions as to what the product would be that actually anticipated forces beyond a year. Which actually means jobs which means the lawmakers can actually say they have done something policy wise, other than stop Adam and Steve. Why would they help people who do not vote for them, meaning the union workers in the north? It is now a regional party, of the south. This is punishment for making the GOP that way. Busting unions is a close second or equal to bombing Muslims, for them. I just find it so funny that the Big 3 gave so much in contributions to the GOP and this is the thanks they get. If it didn't send us further into the Depression I would be rolling. The right wing idealogy has been disproven again and again, on paper or as we now see, the real world. It just is hilarious in a I'm stabbing myself kind of way that they are seriously willing to take us all down because they would rather fail than concede that perhaps they are wrong. I can relate, I used to feel that way about Santa. I'd have rather have had no Christmas than acknowledge that he may not exist.
*Yes, I know Rand was a woman, did you see what I did there? Like Bill Parcells and Terry Glenn.

No comments: