Tuesday, December 16, 2008

These things actually exist?




OMG, OMG how could I have gone almost 15 years without hearing about this? I had heard of the "Where the South Won" books by Turtledove but I had no interest in that garbage. But aliens attacking, right in the middle of WWII by Turtledove? So that everyone has to bind together to fight reptilians? How come I had never heard of this? I am waiting my turn at the library as we speak for the first one. There are seven in the series. This is like a dream come true. But one question that I am wondering about; What of the German and Russian Holocausts and how are they addressed? I guess it doesn't matter when the aliens finally come. I can't wait. Very cool artwork that I stole from here.

2 comments:

ContrarianJerkwad said...

I read the "Confederacy gets AK-47s and gains independence" book and enjoyed it. I like the whole aliens as a unifying force idea for WWII, but... but nothing, that does sound awesome.

Jack Burton said...

I almost checked those out like a month ago. Then realized that I would be super pissed the whole time. Do you know that he has like 20 books, just on that whole premise? Including up to modern time with a Confederate United States? Jesus, I am doing nothing and don't think I am up to that sort of commitment. But so far, just starting and the aliens only have mid 21st century technology.