Monday, October 20, 2008

Dwight Schrute must also read AICN.

I am a nerd, a nerdy nerd nerd. Not a geek, no that would be somewhat cool. I am a guy that if I like something I will obsess and obsess, except I never get to "Pan to bush." It does not mean I am smart, oh no, just that I like things that other socially retarded shut-ins like. One thing I like is the site Ain't it Cool News. I have enjoyed going there since like '99. It is basically a fan boy site. I am not a fanboy, I am a nerd. But it talks about cool things like new movies and comic books, and Sarah Connor, which they call SCC, which I never get when they talk about it with those initials. Anywhoo, I read a post about the Twilight book series. Which seems to me to be like Harry Potter with abstinence and horny teen Vampires? Well, the post is about if you can just get chicks into Twilight, you just may get them to like Evil Dead 2. Which in turn may get you laid, somehow. I couldn't quite follow the logic. So they have a comments section, called a Talkback. I love going there because it is a Geek, Nerd, Dork extravaganza, where it is like every stereotype of my kind you can find. The internecine battles are EPIC. So, I was reading the talkbacks and they were discussing the relative merits of the book series and how much it sucks, etc. when I saw the greatest comment ever by SONNYFERN, which was Titled: I hate the whole "beautiful" Vampire thing PERIOD. He/she wrote: "Vampires should be destroyed at all costs. The whole concept of "good" vampires just pisses me off. They aren't beautiful, lonely creatures who are just misunderstood, it suppose to SEEM that way to lure you in...but once you're a vampire, you're a demon..a monster...and I don't give a shit how sad you are...you gotta be stopped. You know what Twilight needs? BLADE! That's right...or even better...Peter Vincent! It's just the fact that my favorite monsters get nuetered and lose what the hell they're suppose to be about. I don't mind different takes on the genre, Near Dark, Coppolas Dracula, but for me...this whole Twilight thing is just a cheesy (and it looks really cheap) lame kind of cliche attempt at something that's been done a billion times before...and you know what's worse than an emo goth vampire? Fucking TEENAGE emo goth vampires...stake them all, squirt them with holy water, throw them in a tub full of garlic and lets get on with our lives huh?" I love this dude/dudette.

No comments: