Sunday, October 5, 2008

May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

As your ol' buddy Jack Burton always says, this broad is crazy. This broad is our presumptive vice presidential pick for the side of the elephants. But thank the stars, she resembles that Tina Fey woman who I always see in those Amex commercials. For a commercial person, she is pretty funny. Also, I think she is saving the democracy in this here good ol' US of A. I spoke to a friend on the Friday morning after the VP debate and we started the conversation about it, of course. He is a Serious Democrat, I am a dirty fucking hippie. I readily agreed with him that she looked better than I thought she would be, albeit reading straight from her cue cards and never answering any questions that were presented to her. But I guess that is what the soft bigotry of low expectations give us. So last night for the first time in like, forever, I turned on SNL right at the start. Fey was perfect. "I've always loved the Jews and Cuban food", had me rolling on the floor and laughing my ass off. Here is an interesting article that speaks to the phenomenon that illustrates the strangeness of politicians swearing allegiance to a country other than our own. As Greenwald says, I can't imagine any other country that would get so much play in our discourse, without any debate allowed for differing viewpoints other than Likudnik positions. Because otherwise you are an anti-Semite, of course. What a great way to head off any sort of meaningful dialogue. But Florida is an important state, I guess. And you know that Obama guy is just a Muslim anyway and will bring about the total destruction of our country and I bet he puts a mosque on the South lawn.


No comments: