Sunday, October 5, 2008

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.


Well, here we go.  My first blog.  As usual 5 years late to the party.  When I was a kid, I got my first pong game when I was 13.  In 1989.  I was saying, "I'll buy that for a dollar", well into my twenties, which isn't really coming late to the party, per se, but just further indicates a total and complete lack of self awareness.  I have been using "Rad" so long it apparently has come back to vogue as I heard it in the totally hipsterific movie, "Juno" (Which was a little too precious and twee, in my humble opinion, laugh out loud) My first bong hit came late into my 18th year and as I had no clue, looked something like the picture in the top of the post.  I will probably start a tumblr in the next five years or so.  I always seem to be a late adopter.  Now in the age of the instant internet gratification, it only makes it worse for someone like me.  I hang out with my 15 year old cousin and want to talk about something really cool and new to me and she acts like I asked her to tie a bandanna around her leg.  Or maybe that is what the kids do now, so bad example.  
You see, I am getting married soon and that is OH SO IMPORTANT, and like those fucking insufferable Mommy blogs, I must write about all the minutiae that will be occurring.  So yeah, I hope not to only write about that as it would make me want to kill myself and that would not make mi' lady, Gracie, happy.  She would hunt me down in whatever afterlife I was getting slowly tortured in and kill me again.  Hopefully I can add some links, pictures, maybe a video.  I doubt it, as the picture above just about had me tearing my eyes out trying to position it to the point where I just said, "The hell with it" and so there it is.  But I will try, probably.  Oh, you probably want to see a picture of Gracie, too.  You have to wait. (until I figure it out)

P.S.  It also seems it would not be a male written blog without weekly football picks, but that is for losers and gambling degenerates.  And I am only one of those options. 
 

No comments: