Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh my god. What is that? Don't tell me!



Sorry for the absence, I just had to do a long haul the past week which involved a PS2, some fine Green(and a little gold), and copious amounts of Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie blizzards. Oh man, those are tasty. I have a clear head and a lot on it, so I will go nuts this week.
OK, you all know good ol' Jack Burton is not very happy with his team playing professional football in Northeast Wisconsin right now. I have been firmly in the Favre camp always and I felt the team handled his dismissal very poorly. It just is really very strange to see Favre in a different uniform and I still can't wrap my head around it. Considering how bad the start was for the Packers and how well Favre had played (until yesterday, that is), my predictions of a 4-12 season seemed to be on the mark. I also figured my least favorite player-"OOH look, a new product, maybe we should get this not at all photogenic, awkward in a Michael Phelps sort of way choker to endorse it, fuck it, endorse everything!"- of all time coming to town would show just how far we have fallen.
I was wrong, and it never felt so good. Something like the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of deal here. It was perfect. You had all the patented Manning hits: Screaming at teammates for not catching passes two yards in the dirt in front of them, check. Screaming at the refs after throwing interception for TD, check. Sitting on the bench away from all his teammates with that awesome thousand yard stare and pouting, double check. It was all here and it was FABULOUS! (Said in my best fey falsetto). I still am angry at management and I think our head coach may be channeling Mike Tice for boneheaded play calling, but any day that Manning gets his face on is a good day for me.

No comments: